Sunday 28 July 2013

Someone Left the Cake Out in the Rain

Hello everyone, hope you're all well as July draws to a close. Now I've know I've already done my Musical of the Month post (please click here to view) but Well I just got to say a little bit about my latest trip to see Priscilla. I know I've seen this many times before (please click the locations to view my previous blogs: Manchester, Oxford, Wimbledon, Southampton) but there are a few extra things I'd like to say. 
Firstly, it was really nice to see the show on sort of home turf. This past week the show was in Nottingham which is what I class as my local theatre...there is a theatre in Lincoln but it never gets any of the big tours. But, really, sitting down to watch the show so close to home was really something special plus it allowed me to see it three times in a week with breaking the bank on a hotel. 
The other thing I was amazed at was how many new things I saw, which considering by last Friday I was onto my 7th tour is something. 
I was, also, really pleased with Jason Donovan. I know I've seen him before but he really, really impressed me this time. There's some Priscilla fans who aren't too keen on his performance as Tick but to me he's just right for the role. I don't know whether it was because he was the first Tick I saw but when I imagine Tick I think of him. Furthermore, this time I was especially impressed with his voice and characterisation, which was really hilarious. Well done JD...you rocked Notts. 
Another thing to mention is that Nottingham was a venue where the Diva's didn't fly. I'm presuming that this was because the theatre didn't have capacity for flying as that is what was said when they didn't fly in Torquey. It was a bit of a shock to begin with but I don't feel it detracted anything from the show and, actually, they way they did it worked really well. 
Additionally, Nottingham was another venue, like Wimbledon, where the dance captain, Ian Oswald, along with Aaron Sweeney-Harris came out during the interval and chose people. Now you could only go up once in a week, which is fair enough, so I managed to get up on Thursday. I was picked to go on Wednesday but too many people had been picked by accident so I volunteered to go back as I had two more chances...what really impressed me was that both the guys remembered and saved me a slot on Thursday...this Priscilla cast is just so amazing and filled with such lovely people...perfection. 
Finally, I can't leave without mentioning the two guys who, for me, steal the show...I literally can't take my eyes off them. Please give a big cheer for Alan Hunter and Regan Shepherd. What makes them even better performers, other than their great legs, brilliant characterisation and stunning charm, is how nice they are at the stage door. I'm not saying that everyone else isn't nice, just that these two are exceptionally nice. Additionally, it was Regan's birthday last Thursday so I got him a little gift...just a framed painting I'd done. 
All in all I had a great time last week and can't wait to see it again on my birthday next Thursday in Belfast (yes I'm double showing as well!). 
I'll leave you with some pictures from my trip.
 
Me Outside the Theatre

Jason Donovan
 
Me with Regan Shepherd (with the birthday present I gave him)

Me with Alan Hunter
 
Now all that's left to say is I hope you enjoyed reading this. If any of you are Priscilla fans please either comment below or tweet me at @GreenGirlsRox...I'd love to hear from you. 
Love you lots
Kat
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment