Thursday 25 July 2013

I Met Him on a Monday and my Heart Stood Still

Hi everyone, I thought I'd post my Musical of the Month post a tad early as on the 31st I'm jetting off to Belfast to see Priscilla for my birthday on the 1st August (best day of the year!). This is, also, a rather special post as on the yesterday (25th July) Stage Right celebrated it's first birthday. It's strange because it doesn't seem like yesterday since I started blogging and wondering if anyone would actually read what I wrote but then again so much has happened in this past year: I've made friends, lost friends, completed my 2nd year at uni, discovered a whole blogging and Musical Theatre community, found some great shows and revisited some old ones (many times) and just generally changed a lot as a person...here's to another great year :) 
On a similar note, watch this space come August as I'm extremely busy Musical Theatre wise...as mentioned I'm seeing Priscilla in Belfast but I'm, also, spending a week in London at the Arts Ed Musical Theatre Audition Techniques course, continuing working on Adult Child / Dead Child with Holly...oh and just happen to be spending 5 days in Washington and 5 days in New York...busy, busy, busy. I've, also, seen Priscilla in Nottingham twice already this week and am going back today (keep your eyes pealed for the blog on this). 
Well, anyway what's this month's Musical of the Month. At the start of July I decided to sort out my iTunes and whilst doing so I remembered my mum had brought me the Dreamboats and Petticoats CD for Christmas so after uploading it to iTunes I decided to bung the CD into my car CD player where it has stayed to this very day!
Now I haven't seen the show but it is currently touring so I  hoping to go when it comes to Nottingham in November. However, I do know the show is set in 1961...get your polka dot skirts and quiffs out...and the music is just stunning. 
Other than musical theatre my music tastes consists on anything from between 1920-1960's oh and a bit of 1980's too...basically pop before I was born. This means that the music used in Dreamboats and Petticoats is, to me, perfect as not only is it from an era of music I like but it's got a musical theatre twist to it. The other thing that is perfect about these songs is that they just suit the warm, sunny days we are having down to a T. 
I can't really say much more about this show other than this is definitely a soundtrack worth buying...I just love it!
Have any of you seen Dreamboats and Petticoats? And are you doing anything interesting this summer? If so I'd love to hear from you either by commenting below it tweeting me at @GreenGirlsRox. 
Love
Kat
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment