Wednesday 14 August 2013

It is a Plane...I've Just had its Wings Clipped!

Hiya everyone, just a quick-y this time as I know I've done many, many reviews on this show before (please click the venues to see: Manchester, Oxford, Wimbledon, Southampton and Nottingham). I've just a few points to add about the amazing show that is Priscilla. 
Well, after I'd seen the show in Wimbledon I turned to my mum and said that for my birthday I just wanted to be as happy as I was at that moment...and so it was decided that we'd go and see Priscilla as my birthday treat. It just so happened that the show was in Belfast!!!
So after a lot of planning we jetted off to Belfast. The city itself was really nice even considering we spent an hour on my birthday walking the wrong way in the pouring before deciding to get a taxi...this did mean we found a really nice hairdresser to re-straighten my hair!
So what do I have to say about the actual show? Well, firstly Noel Sullivan was playing Tick rather than Jason Donovan. When I'd seen Noel in Southampton I hadn't been too sure and, especially as I'd fallen in love with Jason in the role the week before in Nottingham, I was a bit disappointed when I realised it would be Noel. Well, I needn't have been as he was fantastic and had really grown into the role. I now really don't mind who I see play Tick again, out of the two, as both are a-maze-ing and play the role uniquely but super-ly as well. 
The other thing I really wanted to say was how beautiful Belfast Grand Opera House is. I walked into the auditorium and was just stunned by the magnificence and the ceiling was fantastic. It's such a shame it's so far to travel for me as it really was one of the most beautiful theatres I've ever been in and I urge you, if you're ever in Belfast, to see a show there just so you can marvel at its splendour. 
That's all I really need to say as I do know I go on about this show but there are so many new things to see plus each venue is different...I mean the evening performance in Belfast was the best and most electric yet! 
So all that's left to do is leave you with a few photos of my trip...
From Left to Right: Mum and Me at Belfast Grand Opera House; The Outside of Belfast Grand Opera House; Me with Liam Marcellino (Ensemble); Me Outside Belfast City Hall; Me with Regan Shepherd; Me at the Airport with Belfast Bear; The View from George Best Belfast Airport; Me with Richard Grieve; and Me in the Grand Opera House.
 
Right I'll love you and leave you. Please comment below or tweet me at @GreenGirlsRox if you have any comments on this blog or just want a chat. Keep your eyes peeled for my next blog on A Chorus Line. 
Love you lots
Kat
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment