Monday 18 March 2013

Stopping off at the Pink Bus again!

Hiya everyone, I hope you're all well. Right I'm not going to write a lot as I've already written two blogs on the show (please click here for the one on Manchester and here for the one from Oxford).
Yes you've guessed it I'm talking about Priscilla again. Well, Manchester was 90% perfect, Oxford was 100% perfect but oh my goodness Wimbledon was completely out of this world...and I am completely awestruck about how fabulous Brighton on NYE will be if it keeps getting this much better!!!
This time I went with my mum (who'd seen the show twice) and friend Megan (who'd never seen the show before)...put it this way I think I may have just converted another to the Priscilla way of life!
To set the scene, our trip out was really rushed which was not helped by a horrible train guard who wouldn't open the doors even though I was stuck...he did in the end. On the topic of trains, and, also, remembering to praise the good as well as criticising the bad, the train guard on the way back from Wimbledon to Vauxhall was lovely, held the train so Megan could get her enormous suitcase down the steps and when I got to our stop he came and helped us off. On this travelling note I'd like to thank the men who helped Megan up and down steps with her suitcase and the two that helped my mum and me at one point as well...it's just proof that there are some genuinely nice people in the world.
Due to our rush to get to the theatre our dinner consisted of a gourmet margarita pizza in a takeout Pizza Hut, eaten on the bench provided for waiting.
Well after our dinner it was off to the New Wimbledon Theatre where we had front row seats with the most perfect view and loads of leg room.
And so the show started...well I won't go into it in detail as I've already done that for my Manchester blog. So what differences we there...well a major one for me was that True Colours (the replacement of Both Sides Now) actually felt right to me and really moved me this time. Beforehand I've always felt it was a little awkward but this time it slotted in so beautiful.
They, also, had to change Thank God I'm a Country Boy as the orchestra pit was very large so they couldn't get the steps for the cast to get down into the auditorium so as to pick members of the audience to dance. Instead, Ian Oswald (dance captain) came out in the interval and asked some audience members if they'd like to come up and, well, Megan and I were lucky enough to get picked so off we, and the others, headed backstage. Well, I have to say this made me so happy as I had a lovely chat with Alan Hunter (Miss Understanding) and Regan Shepherd (Farrah and Young Bernadette) before the second act started and then got to dance with Alan during the song.
The show was literally so perfect and the audience was so electric it was truly the best feeling on the world. The whole cast is literally fantastic and I'd go as far as to say that it's the best cast of any show ever; they're all such talented performers with really genuine personalities as well. However, I have to say, that Alan and Regan totally stole the show for me with their amazing performances and impeccable dancing.
I truly had the most amazing time ever so much so that I'm going to see the show in Belfast for my birthday in August!
I'll leave you with a few of my pictures from my trip.
 
Megan and myself during the interval :)

Megan, myself and the wonderful Regan Shepherd (Farrah and Young Bernadette)
 
Megan, myself and the fabulous Alan Hunter (Miss Understanding)
 
Hope you enjoyed reading that. Have any of you seen Priscilla on tour? Let me know what you think either by commenting below or tweeting me at @GreenGirlsRox, I'd love to hear from you.
Love you lots
Kat
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment