Friday 8 March 2013

Musical of the Month: The Perfect Day

Hi everyone, well here's my belated February 'Musical of the Month' post. Sorry it's late but what with a ton of uni work and theatre trips, blog writing kind of got put on the back seat a bit but hopefully I'm back for good now as will have a load of writing to do with March being so mad...two trips to London next week, another Priscilla the week after and then Once and my first Rocky Horror the week after that!
Well, anyway, I bet you've all guessed what February's 'Musical of the Month' is...well it sort of has to be as I saw it two Thursdays in a row! Yep...you got it...I'm talking about the one and only Priscilla.
Now I know I just did a blog about my trip to Manchester so I'll keep this short and sweet but I wanted to add some bits that happened when I saw the show in Oxford.
So Oxford all started on Monday 25th February when my friend, Rob, text me saying he was booking to see it that Thursday and naturally I couldn't resist booking myself a seat as well, even though it meant I'd have to set of back from Oxford at 5am on the Friday to get to my uni lecture!
So we met up in Oxford at about 4.30 and basically spent the time until the show began exploring the city and eating dinner. I'll tell you something, Oxford is such a beautiful place I'd certainly like to go back there just to explore some more. What was, also, nice was being able to talk freely about Priscilla to someone without feeling like I was boring them by going on and on. It was truly an amazing time.
At about 7pm we went into the theatre, got our programmes and such and took our seats (due to booking so late we were sat about 3 rows apart). I, however, was on an aisle seat...although this seat had a slightly restricted view it made up for it in so many ways as it meant I was one of the lucky few picked to go on stage and dance to Thank God I'm a Country Boy. I urge you all to try this as for me it totally made the show (I'd done it once when I saw it in London and had been dying to do it again since).
As for the show, I'll keep it brief as not much had changed since Manchester. All I'll say is that what was a 90% perfect show in Manchester turned into a 150% perfect show in Oxford...blown away is too mild a saying for how astounding the performance was!
Finally, the best bit about Oxford was the stage door experience. After Jason Donovan had left we were the only two left at the stage door and wow, it was just totally amazing! All the cast were so lovely to us and stopped and chatted for quite a while, which was quite surprising considering some of them had trains to catch plus it was very cold. A special shout out has to go to Regan Shepherd (Farrah / Young Bernadette) who is simply lovely, Alan Hunter (Miss Understanding) who's got such a gorgeous personality, James Cohen (Ensemble) who is truly brilliant and the three most amazingly lovely divas, Ellie Leah, Emma Kingston and Laura Mansell.
So yes, this truly was the most perfect day ever and is one of the best spontaneous decisions I've ever made. And yes, I'm still on cloud 9 from the whole experience.
I'll leave you with some of the pictures I got at the stage door...
 
The Beautiful Oxford New Theatre
 
The gorgeous Diva's: Ellie Leah, Laura Mansell and Emma Kingston
 
Me and the lovely Emma Kingston (Diva)
 
Me and the wonderful James  Cohen (Ensemble)
 
Me and the amazingly talented Alan Hunter (Miss Understanding)
 
I hope you enjoyed this blog about my time seeing Priscilla in Oxford. Please, please go yourselves and please let me know what you think either by commenting on this blog or tweeting me at @GreenGirlsRox.
Love you lots
Kat
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment