Wednesday 19 December 2012

There's A Little Ditty...

Hiya everyone,
Yet again I feel like I haven't posted in ages, I'll tell you what I'll be better next year as I have like a million and one theatre trips planned. Since last time I have booked to go and see Kerry Ellis on 12th May at the London Palladium. I have, also, booked my hotel for when I see Once (which I won tickets to!)...I'm telling you one thing I am so in love with that hotel it's just beautiful!
Anyway let's get on with the blogging...I wanted to try something slightly different this time and see what you make of it. I recently rediscovered my passion for doing these little ditty's when I wrote a Priscilla one to try a cheer them up. Basically they're little stories (not sure if that's the right word but hey ho) using the titles of/quotes from musical songs. So here we go...
Well due to the title of this blog, the first one has to be Oliver, which is done to the tune of 'Oom-Pah-Pah ...
 
There's a little ditty they're singing in the city,
Especially as long as he needs me.
And I'd do anything to buy those sweet red roses,
Or just to get some strawberries ripe.
 
Oom-Pah-Pah, Oom-Pah-Pah,
There's a boy for sale!
Oom-Pah-Pah, Oom-Pah-Pah,
Who will buy?
There's sausage and mustard
Cold Jelly and custard!
When we sing Oom-Pah-Pah.
 
Oh when we're reviewing the situation,
You've got to know we'll be back soon.
Just consider yourself that it's a fine, fine life,
And know that you'll have to pick a pocket or two.
 
Oom-Pah-Pah, Oom-Pah-Pah,
There's a boy for sale!
Oom-Pah-Pah, Oom-Pah-Pah,
Who will buy?
Magical, wonderful,
Marvellous food!
Oh let's just sing Oom-Pah-Pah
 

 
 
Well, you've guessed it, the next one has to be Priscilla...would it be me if it wasn't would it!?!...no tune, just a bit of randomness :)...
 
 
Well when I looked at both sides now I thought to myself that I will survive as long as I say a little prayer for you. However, that a bit difficult as I'm in the downtown section of boogie wonderland right in the centre of Venus, just sat here eating my swedes looking at the cock in a frock on a rock. So why don't you just come and colour my world but please don't leave the cake out in the rain because I'll never have that recipe again as I lost it in MacArthur Park and it was very sad as me and that recipe, well, we belong together because we both go west and listen to the pop musik together but I suppose I'll have to cope, let's just say, thank God I'm a country boy! 
 
And finally, for now, let's have something a bit more traditional and do Les Mis, to the tune of 'Do You Hear the People Sing...
 
 
Oh do you hear the people sing,
About the fact I dreamed a dream,
And the lovely ladies sing,
'bout a castle on a cloud.
And when I'm all on my own,
The stars will look down,
On the master of the house,
Once again!
 
Oh oh will you bring him home,
To the little fall of rain?
And will you drink with me,
At the end of the day?
There are empty chairs at empty tables,
When I'm all alone.
Oh please do bring him home,
just one day more!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed those little bits of randomness... please let me know what you thought by commenting below or tweeting me at @GreenGirlsRox...I'd love to hear from you :)
Love you lots and jelly tots
Love
Kat
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment