Tuesday 27 November 2012

Musical of the Month - Dancing with the Devil

Hi guys, hope you're all okay :) Well after my mad few weeks of musical tour ticket buying you'll probably be surprised to know I haven't brought any tickets in over 2 weeks!...I am having cravings though!
Anyway, let's crack on with Musical of the Month...well at the start of this month I went to the gym and was trying to decide on a song with a good beat to run to...after a few moments of deliberation I was drawn to Dirty Laundry from The Witches of Eastwick which I've heard many a time on my favourite musical radio show Westenders (for more details check out September's Musical of the Month) and already loved, hence why I already had the album. Being rather lazy I decided to just let the album play on rather than trying to find another song and I was so pleased that I did as I have been addicted to the album ever since.
The version I have is the Original London Cast soundtrack and all I can really say is WOW! The music is a real mix of jazzy, uplifting numbers and beautiful ballads that are artistically mixed so there is no chance of boredom setting in. All the songs are amazing (well except for Words, Words, Words in my opinion) and you can get a real flavour of the story without having seen the show, which is always a bonus, and in my opinion is what makes an excellent soundtrack.
My absolute favourite song would have to be Another Night at Darryl's which has all the p'zazz and sparkle of a true showstopper! My other favourite songs are Eastwick Knows, I Love a Little Town (which is one of the most hilarious songs ever in my opinion!), Dirty Laundry, I Wish I May and Dance with the Devil. As you can tell I like quite a few of them!
Additionally, the vocals are amazing...I tell you this I am in love with Ian McShane's (Darryl) voice! Lucie Arnaz's (Alexandra), also, has a truly amazing voice as does Rosemary Ashe (Felicia). In actual fact the whole company is amazing but these three impressed me no end!
Oh and the additional bonus (well for me anyway) is that there is a character called Felicia! I screamed so loudly when I heard this name in the song Evil the first time and had to repeat it about ten times just to be sure. You're probably all wondering why this is so exciting but to a total Priscilla-holic (well I couldn't leave my favourite show out of a Musical of the Month post completely now could I?) this got me very excited!
I am definitely going to be buying tickets if this comes back to the West End or tours the UK as if the soundtrack os anything to go by the show would be absolutely amazing!
Hope you enjoyed this month's Musical of the Month :) Have any of you seen Witches of Eastwick? What do you think to the soundtrack?
Please subscribe by e-mail at the bottom of this post and follow me on Twitter at @GreenGirlsRox I'd love to hear from you all...don't be shy now!
Lots of Love
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment