Monday 31 December 2012

The Sparkles of a Year!

Hello my lovely readers. Hope you are all well and had a lovely Christmas and are well prepared for the New Year. This blog is going to be slightly different and not particularly theatrical but I read a fellow theatrical blogger (Ignitedbyadream) who did a similar type post and felt inspired to do the same. As my last blog of this year I think it's very fitting to look back on 2012 and then look forward to all that's happening in 2013.
At the start of 2012 I was just a uni student who liked musical theatre and really liked Priscilla. I felt as though I was the only person in the world who was completely nuts about musicals...how wrong I was! During the past year I have made so many great friends who like me (and all you lot) have a passion for musicals but more than that they are simply great people; people who even when I fall pick me back up and set me on my feet again so I can continue to fight. It's here that I'd like to give a big shout out to Sharon McLaughlin, Jane Cuming, Carol Clowes, Bex Clowes, Faye, Rob Jones, Lisa Vessey and Callum Mathers...you guys are totally amazing and are proof of how family isn't always blood!
Moving on...2012 saw quite a few theatrical highlights for me including starting this blog (thank you all for reading), going to West End Bares, finding my favourite theatre in the world (the Wales Millennium Centre) and going to London on my own! All in all I think 2012 was a really good year and quite a turning point for me both as a person and theatrically.
So what does 2013 hold in store? Well a hell of a lot of theatre trips, more than I've ever been to before. Mainly Priscilla but with a bit of Rocky Horror, Once, Loserville, Cabaret and Kerry Ellis thrown in. Hopefully I'll be seeing West End Live and West End Bares again (it'll be lovely to see some of you there as well...and basically just a load of rushing round and finally feeling like I fit in.
To finish off I'll give you my three New Year’s resolutions:
1. To remember that life will never be perfect but that I have perfect friends who will help me face it.
2. To see as much theatre as possible and travel round the country whilst doing so.
3. To dance like no one is watching, to sing like no one is listening, to dream as if I'll live forever and to live as if I'll die today!
I hope you enjoyed reading this rather random last blog of the year! Please, please tweet me on @GreenGirlsRox, I'd love to hear from you. Just before I leave for the year I just wanted to add this little quote I made up myself...think it's very fitting...

Lots of love
Kat
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention :) And keep up the blogging, they're great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite alright and thank-you :) x

    ReplyDelete