Sunday 29 March 2015

Liebster Awards!

Hi everyone, a massive thank-you to everyone who reads this blog as this month I have smashed my previous monthly viewings record and have now passed the 1,000 views mark, which I'm majorly excited about...eek! Anyway I have been nominated to do the Liebster award by JacobReviewsShows so here goes...

What’s the worst Disney film you have seen and why? What would make it better?


Right, so we're starting off with a hard question as I love all the Disney films I've seen...so I think I'm going to have to cheat and say The Frog Princess as the DVD I brought was broken so halfway through the words go out of sync with the cartoon characters. To make it better I would tell myself to exchange the DVD I brought for one that actually works. I know this is probably not what was meant by this question but Disney is a-maze-ing and although I have some films that I prefer over others, I wouldn't say I've ever seen one that's bad so you'll have to cope with this answer!

Favourite musical ever?

Now anyone who's read my blog before will know that I am madly obsessed with both Wicked and Priscilla Queen of the Desert so the real question is which one of these two do I prefer. Well, by a small margin it would have to be Wicked. The reason for this is that Wicked is such a good story of female empowerment but more than that, it's because I can just get Elphaba; I can understand her struggles and can see why she behaves as she does...she's the character I can most associate with in any musical ever. Come on people, you should know that emerald blood runs in these veins...well my Twitter is @GreenGirlsRox because really we girls who are green at heart really do rock.

What musical film should be on stage?

Umm...well that would have to be Frozen. Now I'm pretty sure this is actually being turned into a stage musical and I will be first in line to see it. I am a complete Frozen-aholic as, in a similar way to how I feel a connection with Elphaba, I feel the same way about Elsa...really their characters are quite alike. Plus the music is amazing and the story is just so sweet...I just love it.

A book that should be adapted into a musical?

Now I don't know how well it would work but I would love the Divergent series to be turned into a musical. I don't even know whether the series would work with songs put in but this book series has become my latest obsession (out of the world of musical)...I mean come on, anyone who's read these books, who couldn't love Four.

Favourite Disney villain and why?

Once again, this is quite a hard question...but I'm loving the new style Disney films that are exploring the lives of the villains and whether they are really all that villainous. It is because of this that i will have to pick Maleficent as I really liked the film about her and thought it showed how people can be both good and bad, it just depends who's version of events you look at.

Favourite Disney princess and why?
Does Elsa count as a princess and technically she's a queen...well if she does please see my answer to "What musical film should be on stage". If she doesn't, I love Rapunzel in Tangled as she is quirky, different and incredibly independent and resilient for someone who has been locked up in a tower for her whole life...plus she ends up with the gorgeous Flynn Ryder (yes I do have a little crush on a cartoon character but who doesn't love Flynn!?!).

Best Disney song and why?
That would have to be Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid as this was the first Disney song to appear on my favourite musical songs blog (click here to view). This song is so pretty and, also, about one of my favourite things (as you've gathered) empowerment and finding yourself. As Ariel sings this she wants to start living her life under her rules rather than someone else's...now isn't that what we all want?

Let It Go or Defying Gravity?
Argh! Do I have to pick, really? Seriously, I don't know if I can decide...and I know Let It Go didn't appear on my favourite musical songs blog but I was only do stage musicals for that rather than film musicals. Both songs have quite a similar feel to them as they're a females deciding that they're going to live life their own way even if it ends up hurting some people as they realise that you've got to put your own wants and desires first rather than constantly trying to please other people. Now I'm hopeless at putting myself first but I know it's something I should aim towards as really, if you do it to the right level it's the only way to get people to like you as if you don't like yourself then who else will. Both of these songs give me the confidence to try and do that, which is why it's so hard to pick...plus both are sung by Idina Menzel who is my favourite actress ever! However, if you're going to force me to pick one, I'd have to say Defing Gravity...and that's only because it's been there for me longer than Let it Go has.

Favourite non-Disney animated film?
Finally, a really easy one...Spirit the Stallion of the Cimarron basically because I love horses and it's such a beautiful story line. Now this would make a really good musical if put on in a similar style to War Horse.

Where should there be a Disney theme park and why should there be one there?
Lincolnshire...because I live there and I could go all the time!

So there you have it, I hope you enjoyed reading my Leibster Award...and if you have any more questions please feel free to comment below or tweet me at @GreenGirlsRox and remember to follow this blog and my Instagram so you can keep up to date with all my theatrical goings on.
Love you all
Kat
xx

P.S. My nominations are: 
and

Now you're challenge, if you chose to accept, is to answer the ten questions below and then nominate your own people before writing them some questions and so it goes on.
So here goes...

1. What's your favourite musical of all time?
2. Who's your favourite character in a musical?
3. Who's your favourite villain in a musical?
4. What's your least favourite musical and why? What could be done to improve it?
5. If you could interview anyone in the world for your blog who would it be and why?
6. Who's your musical crush and what was your favourite thing you've seen them in?
7. What's your favourite film musical adaption?
8. Which actor have you been most impressed within a role and why was this?
9. Which show do you think has the best lighting and/or visual effects?
10. Which character would you most like to be and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment