Friday 31 May 2013

Musical of the Month - A Double Act

Hello my lovely readers...I can't believe it's nearly the end of May already. I hope you've had a good and very theatrical one...I certainly have for as well as show seeing, I managed to get a place at London theatre summer school, which I'm really excited about. But anyway, seeing as it’s the end of May it's time for Musical of the Month. 
This month I've been raving about two shows: Children of Eden; and Sister Act. However, I've decided to focus more on Sister Act as I've only just done a blog on Children of Eden (click here to view) so I thought it was more appropriate to talk about something else. 
I can't quite remember why I put the Sister Act CD, I think it was maybe because I wanted to have a good sing along to Fabulous, Baby! after I'd included it in my blog of Top Ten Self Belief Songs (click here to view). 
I saw the show a couple of years back when it was playing at the London Palladium and I was suitably impressed. It was by no means my favourite show and, personally there were a few slow bits, but it was mostly lively, fun and an all-round good time with the final song, Spread The Love, leaving you on a real high as you left the theatre. 
It was here that I was going to write a bit about the cast I saw when I saw the show but, sadly, I can't find my programme so I can't remember who was who. What I can remember though is that they were fabulous...no this isn't very good...please forgive this theatre blogger for this miss-placement. So let's get on with a bit more substantial review. 
However, as the show is no longer on in London, this month has more been about re-discovering the CD. Now I will admit that there are some songs that I'm not fond of and do skip though (i.e. Lady In The Long Black Dress) but the songs that I do like (over half the album) I really do like! They're, for the majority, upbeat and rather funky...oh and they're really fabulous for adding in a little choreography to. However, one of my absolute favourites in The Life I Never Led which is a rather moving, slow-ish song all about going out and doing what is right for you; doing what you want to do; and taking chances because it's your life and you need to live it...like I said I love this song. 
So I urge you to, if you haven't already, go out and buy this CD and have a listen...and then let me know what you think :)
Have any of you seen Sister Act? If so what did you think? Please either comment below or tweet me at @GreenGirlsRox...I'd love to hear from you. 
Lots of Love
Kat
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment