Monday 13 May 2013

Don't Rain on My Parade - My Top Ten Self Belief Songs

Hi my lovely readers, I hope you're all well. Well, as I mentioned in my last post about Rocky Horror (click here to see) I am rather busy at the moment but I thought I'd make some time for a quick, little post that's maybe a little different.
Today I'd thought I'd share with you my top ten self-belief songs...you know the songs you reach for when people try to rain on your parade (bet you've guessed one of them) and just by listening to them give you the courage to tell or show them that you're a hundred times better than them...yes I can see you all know the time of songs I'm talking of. So let's not waste time, here are my top ten self-belief songs (in no particular order...well except the very top one is my favourite...but after that they're random). 
1. Defying Gravity - Wicked
2. Look at Me - The Witches of Eastwick
3. So Much Better - Legally Blonde
4. I Am What I Am - La Cage Aux Folles
5. It Ain't Over 'Til the Fat Lady Sings - Hairspray (not technically in the show but it's on the 2nd disk of the collector’s edition of the film soundtrack)
6. Fabulous, Baby! - Sister Act
7. Don't Rain on My Parade - Glee (yes I know it's technically from Funny Girl but I, personally, love the Glee version)
8. Naughty - Matilda
9. Life I Never Led - Sister Act
10. Nobody - Betty Blue Eyes
I won't go into why these songs are on my top ten as I'll be here until next Christmas if I did...what I do suggest is that if you haven't heard them to either take a look at the lyrics or have a listen and then let me know what you think. 
So that's all for today...what did you think to my top ten self-belief songs? Which are your favourite self-belief songs? And, most importantly, which other areas would you like me to do a top ten list for? Please let me know either by commenting below or tweeting me at @GreenGirlsRox. 
I hope you enjoyed this post :)
Love you lots
Kat
Xx

2 comments:

  1. This is a good list :) I think my favourite kinds of songs are the ones that make feel empowered. Some others that come to mind straight away are 'freak flag' from shrek, 'take me or leave me' from rent and Idina menzels 'brave'. I'm gonna be thinking about this now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) That's a good list you've got there...you've just inspired me to re-listen to Brave and at the same time I remembered how much I love Idina's 'I Stand' as well...good choices :)

    ReplyDelete