Thursday 1 November 2012

Musical of the Month - Calling the Men

Hello babes, how are you all? I can't believe it's the end of October already! Well this month I'm going to be doing something a little bit different for 'Musical of the Month'. The reason for this is rather than being obsessive over a musical (well other than the overly mentioned Priscilla) I've been obsessing over two songs.
The first is 'Bring On The Men' from Frank Wildhorn's Jekyll and Hyde the Resurrection. I don't know what made me listen to the song in the first place but after hearing it once I literally haven't been able to go a day without hearing it. The song is dark, sensual, sexy and, also, shows a dark sense of humour. The music of the song changes between fast and slow so you are always interested with what's going to happen next and the lyrics are serious yet funny at the same time. Overall, this song is a perfect little package.
The other song I've been rating in Kerry Ellis' version of 'I Love It When You Call'. Although this song is not from a musical I thought I'd still mention it as it is performed by the amazing Kerry Ellis. Kerry was in We Will Rock You (sadly I didn't see her in) and Wicked (surprisingly I saw her more than once), did a tour with Brian May (I was lucky enough to see this), is doing a Born Free concert tour with Brian May (sadly I'm not going but if you have a free ticket send it this way!) and will be performing in the We Will Rock You Arena Tour in 2013 (ditto previous comment!). Anyway, back to the song...well her whole 'Anthems' album is incredible but for this month my repeat button has been overused for 'I Love It When You Call'. The song is so catchy anyway but Kerry's rocked up version makes it one of the most addictive things on the planet. Oh and then there's her voice which could make any song sound amazing!
So there you have my 'Musical' or rather 'Songs of the Month' and if you haven't heard them go and listen now and let me know what you think either by commenting below or tweeting me (@GreenGirlsRox).
Love you lots
Kat
Xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment