Friday 31 August 2012

Musical of the Month-A Large Dose of Glitter

Hi everyone, hope you've been having a theatre-y August. I'll be posting a lot this next week so keep your eyes peeled and your ears open.
Before I begin my new feature, Musical of the Month, I have an announcement...if anyone would like a ticket to the fantastic West End Bares (Sunday 2nd Sept) please contact @PriscillaCraze on Twitter. It is a VIP ticket and costs £65 which will be paid in cash on the day...it will be a fabulous night people!!!
Anyway back to blogging...it was almost too easy to choose which musical had been my favourite this month as it always will be. However, throughout August this show I have lived in a happy little bubble with this show.
The show in question is the amazing Priscilla Queen of the Desert. I have seen this amazing show full of love, colour and glitter three times (which is disappointingly too few compared to some people I know) and hope to go many more when it tours in 2013...yes it is almost certainly confirmed!!!
The show itself is pure brilliance; the costumes are amazing, the songs are the perfect thing to cheer up a gloomy day and the story line is just fantastic. Oh and that not mentioning the cast who were amazing all three times I saw it, especially the ridiculously talented Oliver Thornton who played Felica / Adam.
However, it's not just the show itself that means that this is 'Musical of the Month' as it's been closed since 31st December...boohoo :(. The truly amazing thing about Priscilla is the people I've met through it over Facebook and Twitter (I'll mention some of my favourite sites at the bottom of this post). They are the best of friends a person could ever have and are always there for me when I need someone. This is mainly why Priscilla is 'Musical of the Month' as throughout August I have been getting exceptionally excited as we are meeting up for West End Bares, which is in only TWO DAYS TIME!!! It is this that has led to my Priscilla induced bubble for nearly the whole of August.
Other reasons why Priscilla has to be musical of the month is that I created a homage to the show (picture below), I caved into temptation and brought the most perfect, Priscilla inspired shoes ever (they will not be worn but do feature in my homage), brought a programme from the Milan show from Dress Circle (well actually I brought this on 31st July but that's nearly August anyway!), I brought a Priscilla charm for my charm bracelet and was given the most amazing Priscilla inspired birthday present ever (mentioned in my blog about Matilda).
I hope you've enjoyed this new feature. What do you think of Priscilla? Have you seen it and if so how many times? I hope I have inspired you to beg, borrow or steal a ticket when it comes out on tour!!!

 My best friend Alys and me with Oliver Thornton
 
Me with my amazing Felica doll made by Alys

My Priscilla inspired charm

Oliver Thornton as Felica

My homage to Priscilla...please note the amazing shoe on the right!

The Palace Theatre how it should look
 
 Finally, here are some of my favourite Priscilla sites that you should follow...
@priscillauk1
@priscillabus
@PriscillaLives
And then my all time favourites
@PriscillaUKTour
and
 
 
Sending Priscilla love and sparkles to you all
Kat
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment